Monday, June 16, 2008

Journal # 1

The most motivating experience I have had this week was when I met Jesse, a Native American man. He came to speak to my class about the troubles he has gone through growing up. I am taking my education very seriously and I know how important it is and how quickly it can be taken away.

The most challenging experience this week was the team building workshop on Sunday. It was hard for me to let people I didn’t even know guide me through a course. Even though I was safe, it kind of felt like I was putting my life in their hands.

I learned that I don’t have to be someone I’m not. In college it is completely different, you just rely on yourself to get you through school, and you don’t need the drama or anything like that. When people start realizing that, you make some great friends.

The experience that had the biggest impact on me was living in the dorms. Even though there were a lot of different activities, it still felt like the real college experience. I figured out that I need to do my homework right away, so things don’t get in the way later, and how to be more organized with my stuff.

No comments: